SOCIAL JUSTICE BULLETIN
- SYRIAN REFUGEES - DONATE ITEMS for Syrian Refugees by October 28. Bring small items to SJC Sunday Service table or larger items to UUCHV basement. Contact: Ginny Stillman, 914-217-0707 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for more info and list of needed items.
- NAMI (National Association on Mental Illness) On the FIRST Thursday of each month, the NAMI Connections Support Group meets from 7 PM to 8:30 PM in the back of the UUCHV Sanctuary. This is for people living with an ongoing mental illness themselves. Each person planning to attend needs to register with NAMI by calling 914-592-5458 since funding is determined by the number of attendees. This is currently the ONLY NAMI support group meeting at UUCHV. For Caregivers of loved ones living with a mental illness, call NAMI Westchester directly at 914-592-5458 to attend a nearby NAMI Family & Friends Support Group.)
- Links to Important Social Justice Activism Organizations in Westchester:
- CFOW – Concerned Families of Westchester – Excellent 1-page weekly newsletter summarizing Social Justice related initiatives and events in Westchester.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ConcernedFamiliesofWestchester/ or Email Frank Brodhead, Fbrodhead@aol.com.
- Westchester4Change - Westchester for Change is a group of community activists working for progressive social and political change.
Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/westchester4change/
- Interested in LGBTQ issues? Get involved with other Westchester and Rockland County UU congregations to serve on the PrideWorks Planning Committee. The next PrideWorks Conference for LGBTQ Youth and Allies is scheduled for Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at Pace University, Pleasantville campus. Contact: Tracy Breneman, Hastings UU DRE email@example.com
- Ossining Documentary and Discussion Series – Thursday, October 19, 6:30PM, Ossining Library. Swim Team documentary is about breaking the barriers of Autism. UUCHV Social Justice Committee now supports this series which focuses on Social and Environmental Justice issues. Learn more: https://ossiningdocumentaries.org/
- Blood Drive @ UUCHV, Friday, November 10, 2:30-8:30. Mark your calendars now. Eddy Fried could use some helpers. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org